Massachusetts Excellence in Commuter Options (ECO) Awards
On March 28th, 2013 the Patrick-Murray Administration celebrated the efforts of more than 130 Massachusetts businesses to promote healthier, more environmentally-friendly commuting at the Massachusetts Excellence in Commuter Options (ECO) Awards ceremony at Fenway Park.
MassCommute, the Massachusetts Coalition of Transportation Management Associations and MassDOT co-hosted the ECO Awards with MassRIDES, the statewide travel options program. MassCommute, MassDOT and MassRIDEs actively support Massachusetts employers in their efforts to reduce congestion and greenhouse gas emissions by reducing drive-alone trips to work while encouraging employees to travel by public transit, carpools, vanpools, bicycle or walking.
During the event several businesses were recognized and received Spotlight Awards for Leadership in Commuter Options, Leadership in Innovation, Excellence in Commuter Options and the Rising Star for their ongoing efforts to incorporate sustainable transportation in the workplace.
Leadership in Commuter Options
- Alternative Work Schedules, AstraZeneca
- Bicycle, Axcelis Technologies, Inc.
- Walk, City of Northampton
- Transit, EBSCO Publishing
- Carpool, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Vanpool, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
Leadership in Innovation
- City of Cambridge
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services
Excellence in Commuter Options
- Property Manager, Davis-Marcus Management
- Employer Transportation Corrdinator, Holly Foley Hoag LLP